2007-07-16

Niigata Earthquake



This morning there was earthquake with a magnitude of 6.8 rocked a wide area of Niigata Prefecture. I feel very sorry to hear about that and feel pitty for people living in Niigata since the same prefecture was hitted by a severe quake once in October 23th, 2004. The earthquake had caused electronic power failure, water and gas pipes have ruptured in many areas of the prefecture. So far, there have been 6 people killed and over 700 injured. There are many people leaving home to the evacuation areas. I want to know how Cambodian students living in Niigata are, so I called to one of my friend there. At first, she didn't picked up the phone and I was so worried about her. After many tries, Luckily, I finally can get through, and I am very glad to hear that her family and she are doing fine. As for others, I got a mail from Cambodian Student Association that none of Cambodian students there was suffered by the disaster. I wish those evacuees could return their home a.s.a.p.

No comments: