2007-10-12

Hachioji Shiritsu Daiichi Junior High School


Today, I am invited to teach at Hachioji Shiritsu Daiichi Junior High School. My students are in their first year of group 3. They are very good students as they tried to listen to my presentation and came up with lots of interesting questions to me.


I would like to share you what surprises me today? Well, the nearest station to the school is Kitahachioji which is located in the western part about 30km far from the city center, Tokyo. The train lines are not as busy as those in the city center, so I had to wait for 15 minutes to transfer from Hachioji to Kitahachioji. While lots of passengers were in the train, I stood outside to wait for the train's doors open in order to get on, but the doors were still keeping close until I saw someone else opened it with his hands, then I realize it's manual door. Probably it was set in order to save electricity by preventing the heat leaks out. Actually I used to have the same experience in Melbourne's suburb trains, but it expenriences me the first time in Japan.

No comments: