2007-06-27

My activity today at Tagara Junior High School (練馬区立田柄中学校)


2007/06/26

This is another chance for me to teach Japanese students about Cambodia culture. When I asked what they know about Cambodia, some of them answered me with two words "Angkorwat" and "Landmine". Probably they know about Angkorwat because Angkor Wat is one the most famous world heritages, and they know about landmine because they used to watch the Japanese drama titled "Chirai wo fundara sayônara" (English title: One step on a mine, It's all over) acted by Japnese famous star, Mr. Tadanobu Asano.


Most of the students still think that Cambodia is still a country filling with mines everywhere, that's why I would like to take this opportunity to clearly explain them to understand about the actual situation. After listening to my explanation with good examples and reasons, they seem to change their image toward Cambodia and express their willings to visit Cambodia once in their lives.

1 comment:

Taro said...

Japanese are very kind to foreigners regardless of their citizen. I hope more foreign teachers come to my hometown Matsuyama city to tell how the worls is.